Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher
- To ensure accountability
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupil behaviour
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
- Staff recruitment and retention.
Come and meet the Governors at our school!
We are incredibly fortunate to have a fantastic team of governors who have a real energy, enthusiasm and desire to help provide our children with the best possible education: