Welcome to our attendance page
At Richard Lee Primary School, we believe that:
- Pupils need to attend school every day so that they can take full advantage of the educational opportunities available.
- Poor attendance rates and persistent lateness undermines the educational process and leads to educational disadvantage.
- Children who attend school every day make better progress and have better life chances.
Parents/carers are responsible for ensuring that their children:
- Attend school every day
- Arrive at school on time, in uniform and in a condition to learn
- Are absent only for reasons that can be authorised (please see Attendance Policy attached)
- Inform the school of the reason for any absence and the likely return date, before 9.30am on the first day of absence. By note, personal contact or telephone call.
- Inform the school office or class teacher prior to a medical and/or dental appointment, a copy of the appointment letter will need to be seen. If possible please always try to arrange these for out of school hours.
School contact details:
Telephone: 024 7665 8800
School begins at 8.45am, if your child arrives after this time you will be required to sign in the ‘Changes to Register’ file and give a reason for being late.
Attendance matters! Missing school is… missing out!
- During the school year various other special incentives are offered for excellent attendance including; special prizes and certificates.